Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dear Lucas



 Dear Lucas,

I can't even believe you are going to be 1 in a few weeks. Your dad and I look at the pictures of you when you were a tiny baby and cannot believe how much you've grown in only 1 year. You're so smart and you make me laugh so much. Don't worry about not walking all the time, you'll get there. I know you practice every day so one day you'll just wake up and I won't be able to catch up with you. I love how you know what you want. When you want it. Sometimes it gets me and your dad a little frustrated when we're trying to finish up dinner and you're screaming because you want to play. But last night, we surprised you with strawberries and whipped cream and you had a ball. I hope I never forget how you laughed when I put a dollop of whip cream on your tongue. I'm so happy that you learned how to drink out of a straw. That totally made my day. Now if we go places, you can share my drink! I love that when you hand me things you'll say thank you and how when we go in the morning you say "Go! Go! Go!" and how you choose biscotti over any other cookie in the bucket. Sometimes me and your dad get a little stern with you. Hopefully you'll learn to understand it's because we love you very much and we don't want to see you get hurt. Plus, when you laugh at us after we say no, we get a little upset. We love that you're an outside boy and you know when you're tired and when you want a bath. You have an awesome sense of humor and I'm so glad you're our little boy. I hope you continue to be the cool dude that you are.

Happy almost birthday, baby.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for commenting! I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!