Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!!

Happy New Year everyone!!

Here's to starting off 2012 well!

Our New Year's Eve/Day was pretty uneventful. Instead of the 'good luck' Chinese food, Baby M wanted burritos, as usual. So I ran out to Taco Bell and that was our New Year's Dinner, and I am 100% a-ok with our decision. I thought I would regret not having Chinese food since it's what we've done every year since the dawn of time, but I'm not going to deny a burrito to my little Baby M.

I felt like such an old lady when I fell asleep on the couch during the Bruin's game at 8:15. If you didn't know, Mr. Miller and I are super hockey fans. We're Bruins fans. I remember last season, we watched hockey almost every single night. We saw the Bruins win the Stanley Cup. Big, huge day in our house. Anyway, back to the story. So, I fell asleep on the couch at 8:15, but luckily I woke up when the final buzzer sounded so it wasn't too late. We then retired to bed where we watched random T.V. shows. Super exciting. But we had some good laughs which is always the best part.

New Year's Day was spent reading. I finished up "Second Chances" by Jane Green. I like her writing.  Most of her novels take place in Europe. She has a nice way of writing that keeps me entertained and interested in what's going on. I do find myself usually rooting for one character or another during the course of the story.

Then, I started (and finished) the first book of "The Hunger Games." I absolutely loved it. LOVED. It was slightly hard to follow in the beginning because usually I'm not much of a 'this takes place after North America was destroyed' fan, but I've heard so many good things about this series that I knew I wanted to read it. I was hooked by the 5th page. I flew through the book in less than a day. I recommend reading it. I was constantly awaiting the next chapter, the next part, the next crazy thing to happen. It was just a really great read. (Maybe I'll do a better review later)


So that was our New Year's. How did you celebrate yours?

P.S. Here's the Christmas Tree photos I was talking about :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for commenting! I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!