Friday, January 13, 2012

An unintentional hiatus.

Sorry I have been MIA lately. It's not like my life is hectic, I guess I have a lot going on mentally, that I keep forgetting to turn on my laptop and write.

I finished all three of the Hunger Games books. They were beyond amazing. Like I said before, I didn't think I could ever get into them since they were post North America and a whole new government system and (basically) world, but from the 4th page of the first book, I was hooked. The writing style keeps you engaged and I felt myself not being able to wait to find out what was happening. Uh-maze-ing.

After the Hunger Games, I realized that I was neglecting my Kindle and proceeded to read two more books that week. 5 books in one week was my high score, I think. Since then, I've read two more. Easy reading, clearly, right?
Anyway. On Sunday (the 8th, feels like such a long time ago) Eric and I went to the Lancaster Flea Market. It's an indoor flea market, thankfully, because it was pretty chilly out. We had a great time looking at all the wares people were selling. We saw a table with 265 small rubber ducks on it... (we're suckers for rubber ducks) and we happened apon a small giraffe pull toy/walker/ride for Baby M. My sister is a huge giraffe collector and we saw the toy and could not not buy it for our little baby. We just have to wash it up, fix the loose neck and call it a day! It cost us a whopping $3! Eric went online later that night and found that someone had just purchased one on ebay for $50 in almost the same condition we got ours in! What a find!
Ours is in much better condition than this one, but this is the picture I happened to find online..

On the 10th we went to the doctor for our 16week checkup. It sounds like such a short amount of time, but it has already been wonderful. Any ache and pain I feel is worth it for this little person that we can't wait to share our lives with. We hear Baby M's strong hearbeat and the doctor measured me and we are right on schedule! I can't wait. I can already feel the little one getting stronger in his/her kicking and such, so it has been such a wonderful feeling. We will get our next ultrasound on the 7th of February and hopefully if the little one cooperates, we'll get to know to expect a little boy or a little girl. Then I think it'll be time to announce it to the universe!

As for this weekend, I think Mom and I are going thrifting (although it's going to be icy [probably] and really extra cold) so we'll have to see how it goes.

I just can't wait to get the rest of Baby M's room finished and waiting for a crib and such... But I know we have plenty of time...

Meanwhile, I'll have to keep working on the blanket I started (and then immediately neglected). Maybe I'll post some pictures soon. (Taking them would help too-- Maybe even a bump picture, since you can totally tell now!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for commenting! I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!