Sunday, October 21, 2012

A little rant...

I have a little, tiny complaint today. Not about all of you. Not about this blog. Just about what someone said to me the other day. It's not like it has been eating me alive, I just got annoyed really fast when it was said.

Alright, if you guys know me, which some of you do and some of you might know me now after reading my little piece of the blogging universe, I was trying to jump start a part-time photo gig a while back. J. M. Photography or J.M. Photography- Facebook. (side note: I have no idea what happened to my fashion/professional photos on the site.)
A lot of people knew it. A lot of people wanted me to do their photos, which is wonderful. I was new at it but I don't think I've done a poor job with any of the photos I've taken but I am trying to work on it to get better (which is what any photographer always tries to do all the time anyway, no matter if professional or amateur.)

Anyway. I've been able to take photos with any camera I've ever had. Honestly. I got a Kodak C340 and took this

 I've always been a big believer that it is not the camera that takes a great photo, it's the photographer who knows how to use his/her equipment to the best of their ability.

The other day, I was around someone talking about taking pictures. They proceeded to tell me they can't take good pictures because they don't have a fancy camera. (I think the above photo disproves that myth.) The then turned to me and said that my photos must come out well because "well you have a fancy camera, right?"

 Totally on the top of my pet peeve list. Honestly! I feel like I should be insulted (which, deep inside, I kind of am) but I guess it all comes down to ignorance about how much effort actually goes in to calculating what settings to use and how to properly use your camera to get a great photo.

Like I said, I am not trying to say that my photos are the best in the world, but, for me, I think they're good. I'm open to criticism, always. That's one of the ways I think any of us can excel at what we do.

I didn't know what to say. I always feel like I need to explain that it's not the camera, it's the person.. blah blah blah, but by the time I say all that, usually the person stops listening anyway so it becomes a waste of my time.

Has anyone had to deal with this?

Here's a pic of my hubby and my cutie little one to help cheer up this post!


 Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for commenting! I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!