Sunday, July 22, 2012

Love wall art

So a while back I came across a tutorial for string wall art here. I fell in love with it but I didn't necessarily want it to say 'dream' so I decided to make my own. I wanted mine to say Love.

The tutorial says to find linoleum nails, but after going to Lowes, I could not find them so I just got regular size 18, 5/8" nails and those seemed to do the trick. I also didn't want to glue cork together, so I just bought one cork board the size that I wanted and painted it white which I found to be a lot easier.

Here's the finished product.

I love it... I just need to find a wall to hang it.

I also did the letter M for our last name which is going to hang over a phone jack that's in the wall that we're never going to use.

So that's the wall art I made. Nothing major, but it felt nice to get something accomplished while I am home with Lucas for 12 weeks. Hopefully I'll make up some more stuff soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for commenting! I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!