Monday, December 12, 2011

knitting fail.

This past weekend I tried my hand at knitting. When I was in 8th grade, I remember being able to knit. Like a boss. But now that I'm older, and haven't picked up knitting needles in a really long time, it was not how I remember it to be. I casted on, but for the first row, it felt like I was trying too hard. As if I wanted to knit so badly that my stitches were too tight, then too lose, and then I got frustrated and took the whole thing out.

Needless to say, it was awful. All I wanted to do was to knit a scarf. I guess I'm going to have to youtube my way through the beginning part of knitting to see what it is that I was doing wrong, because something was clearly not right.

Does that happen to you? Do you want to be able to do something so badly, but when you attempt, it feels like you can't do anything right? So I wound up giving up on it that day.... But I'm definitely going to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for commenting! I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!